Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Choosing the Right Airless Paint Sprayer For the Job

When choosing an airless paint sprayer, make sure that you look at all of the options that are available to you before making your final decision. A number of things that need to be looked at can make a large difference in whether you are able to do a professional looking job, even if you are just painting a small item. You have choices to make, such as the type of sprayer that you are going to use. Many people choose a smaller sprayer, such as the Wagner Procoat for jobs around the house, well they may use a larger compressor from Campbell Hausfeld whenever they have a larger job to do. Regardless of which one they choose, however, making the right decision when it comes to the airless paint sprayer that you are going to use can make all the difference in the world.

One of the first decisions that you need to make when choosing a paint sprayer has to do with the size job that you are going to be doing. If you're just going to be doing smaller jobs around the house, you can generally pick up a smaller airless paint sprayer at one of the local hardware stores. The Wagner Procoat is one of the more popular of these, and they can certainly handle small to medium-size jobs around the home. For larger jobs, you may want to have a dedicated unit, such as a compressor that is available from Campbell Hausfeld. You can purchase these new or used, depending on your needs and budget.

Another thing that needs to be taken into consideration is the different tips shapes and sizes that are available. Some are going to be well-suited for spraying smaller items, but you may need to get a larger tip in order to spray a larger area. For example, spraying a wall will require that you get a larger tip than if you were just spraying a chair. There are reviews available for these various sizes tips on the Internet that can act as a guide to help you choose one that is going to work well for you.

If you have an extremely big job that needs to be done, you may want to consider renting one of these paint sprayers instead of purchasing one. For example, we may want to use a sprayer in order to paint our home but we don't want to have to go through the expense of purchasing a large unit. Renting them from a hardware store is often an economical solution to this problem.

Choosing airless paint sprayers does take a little bit of looking into, but generally speaking, they are interchangeable for the most part. For example, a smaller paint sprayer, such as the Wagner Procoat may be able to handle a larger job, provided you don't do it on a regular basis. If you do happen to have a larger compressor from Campbell Hausfeld, you can also use these to do smaller jobs if you simply change the text size. If you're unsure of which sprayer to use, check the reviews on the Internet. They will generally be able to give you an idea.
After a succesful life in trading, importing and exports, Rupert now spends his time writing freelance articles for many well-known publications, as well as various educational institutions. For more of Rupert's articles regarding airless paint sprayers, please visit http://www.paint-sprayer-reviews.com/

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Rupert_Smith


I had no intention of renting a paint sprayer. I just happened to mention my painting project to a fellow who owns one and he's a pretty good salesman. A few minutes later I was headed home with an airless sprayer.

I'd actually stopped to pick up a little outboard I'd dropped off to have the points set in July of 1991. He said it was almost ready. I'm not too worried about the repair bill, but the storage is going to be terrible.

Anyway, we had some painting that needed done and I was willing to try something new.

Painting and I don't mix. I haven't found a single thing I like about it, but I've been real lucky. All my life I've been connected with someone whose loopy enough to like it.

Mother was such a "clean" fanatic that she liked to paint. I don't think she actually enjoyed smearing the paint on, but the result was worth it. There's nothing cleaner than a freshly painted wall, so she always grabbed her paint brush with a gleam in her eye and I never stood in her way.

Then my Darling took over the management of colors in my life, and she likes the act of painting itself. She's sort of an artist anyway, I think, and she takes pleasure in making a room change color.

The Wife seldom wants me around when it comes to painting, but she'd already painted most of the inside of the house. She never said it in so many words, but even I gathered that the new siding was mine.

The sprayer wasn't much to look at. An electric motor had a couple of pieces of angle iron mounted on the bottom and a plastic bucket mounted upright at one end. A 30-foot, quarter-inch plastic hose led to the spray nozzle and an electric cord ended in a three pronged switch. Everything was sort of an off-white, yellow, pink, gray color.

That first go-round, I thought the paint would never make it through the hose. I'd only poured a pint or so of paint in the sprayer's bucket and it ran empty about the time the nozzle started squirting white. I rushed over to pour in some more and by then a skim had formed on the paint can I'd forgotten to cover. Naturally I had no intention of throwing away any paint, so I poured it in the sprayer, skim and all. Luckily my tears were clear enough that I could read through them ... "If the paint is too thick, it can be reduced by adding a pint of water to each gallon," it said on the paint can, and shortly I had the pump primed again.

The Wife, with her painting history, was at the ready with her roller. "You have to roll paint when you put it on with a sprayer," she said.

So off we went. My sprayer was sending little tufts of spray into the air and my Darling was rolling it firmly on the wall. We did fine until we reached the first corner.

I have no idea why I did such a thing. There was absolutely no malice aforethought, but as I aimed that first stroke at my wall, the Wife had stepped up to roll the last of the painting on her wall, and, sure as the world, I shot her. I was painting about head high, too, and she spluttered and gagged something awful. In that first second when she turned her paint-stained eyes on me I knew I was in deep trouble and I felt my finger tighten on the trigger to shoot again. Some power higher than my own intervened at that instant and saved my life.

Later that day when I offered to trade my sprayer for her roller she quickly accepted.

We learned, as the weekend progressed, that it isn't wise to stand around the corner from the operator of a paint sprayer. Later we learned that soap and warm water will remove dried acrylic paint from glasses and skin.

Now we know nearly as much about paint sprayers as we do about a lot of other things: just enough to be dangerous.


Airless Paint Sprayers Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment